I feel like, at least pertaining to the fitness supplement industry, everything is so mundane, and once you’ve tried one drink you’ve tried them all. The supplements are all relatively the same. You mix a fruity flavored powder into a shaker cup and thats that. I was ready for a change and thats what makes this review so special. This stack by SamsonSuppLabs caught my attention on Instagram for a couple of reasons. The first thing I noticed was Pre-Chaw. I have never used chewing tobacco before, but I do enjoy some beef jerky chew every now and then (mostly on long car rides), and I am always looking for new ways to pump up my gym visits. Pre-Chaw takes the cake, I think, for the most innovative product in the fitness industry. After 3 years of planning and perfecting SamsonSuppLabs introduced Pre-Chaw in spearmint flavor. Their next product is a BCAA drink, but it is no ordinary BCAA drink. This one is a Mountain Dew flavored BCAA drink. Yes, I did say Mountain Dew!! Once Muscle Dew is added to the water in the shaker cup it carbonates the water, and gives it a delicious lemon lime taste. This is the drink I’ve been needing for a while. There is always that desire in me to order a nice refreshing glass of soda when I go out to eat, the $1 two liters from Kroger scream at me as I walk by, and that cliche bottle of Mountain Dew paired with an Xbox controller never ceases to pressure me, but I know the sugars, carbs, and sodium kill gains so I avoid them at all costs. Muscle Dew is a game changer though. It is delicious and it quenches my desire for those other gain killing sodas all while getting my BCAAs in for the day! If y’all haven’t checked out SamsonLabSupps yet, you ought to. They have another product called Buzz coming out that I am also super excited for! However, lets check out these two awesome products they do have available.
Pre-Chaw is a powerful 1.4g pre-workout packed into a hemp-fiber pouch, and I really enjoy the spearmint flavor that Pre-Chaw comes in. I am extremely happy with the performance of this pre-workout. Since it does not contain any citrulline malate, beta-alanine, or any other pump inducing supplements I like to pair it with a pre-workout that does include those supplements. What comes after is a next level workout. Obviously, I don’t pair them together every day I go to the gym, but I do it when I know the workout is going to be rough, or I am feeling a little unmotivated. I put in the pouch about 5 minutes before I leave my house, and I drink the pump pre-workout when I am 10 minutes away. This pairing works very well with a pre-workout that is low in caffeine, since Pre-Chaw has 200mg of caffeine. I also like using Pre-Chaw like an energy drink. If I feel tired before work or school I’ll pop one in and enjoy the increased energy and focus. Now lets break down the ingredients and their benefits.
– Caffeine is a naturally occurring central nervous system stimulant found in plants. Until 2004 caffeine was banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. However, so many people were and are using it that they released the ban. It has been proven to increase physical performance and to decrease mental fatigue.
– Gamma-Aminoutryic acid is a neurotransmitter in the body that calms down the central nervous system by controlling how often neurotransmissions are sent to the brain. This calming affect adds an increased focus to your workout. GABA also helps reduce stress and anxiety levels.
L- Tyrosine: 500mg
– L-Tyrosine is an essential amino acid this is involved in producing dopamine and adrenaline. However, providing the body with more L-Tyrosine does not increases the amount of dopamine and adrenaline, but it has been proven to extend the duration of them.
– Niacin, vitamin B3, is what I like to call a “pump” supplement. Niacin helps blood vessels widen, thus allowing more blood to flow to our muscles. The more blood flow our muscles get, the more oxygen the muscles receive. Niacin has also been proven to help our bodies convert food into energy.
Siberian Ginseng Extract: 200mg
– Siberien Ginseng is a plant used throughout history in Russia and China. Siberian Ginseng was used as a medicinal herb. It helps stimulate the immune system, reduce stress, and reduce fatigue.
– Yohimbe Extract is derived from the bark of a west African evergreen tree. It lowers blood pressure and dilates the blood vessels. It also blocks some receptors that actually inhibits fat loss. Which means it doubles as a fat-loss supplement as well.
The folks at SampsonSuppLabs combined the appetite suppressant of carbonated drinks, and the energy, protein synthesis, and muscle development of BCAAs into one drink mix. Muscle Dew contains 5g of base chain amino acids in the desired 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. They hit it out of the park with this BCAA drink mix that carbonates the water, and leaves a delicious lemon lime taste in your mouth!
**Also, when shaking up the Muscle Dew I recommend after ever couple of shakes to open up the top to let the carbonation out. If not, the top will blow off and your BCAAs will end up on the ground instead of you mouth! Trust me.